Over $32,000 raised in 2018 CKBC Paddle-A-Thon
July 9, 2018
Three CKBC clubs raised $32,343.15 for much needed equipment and programs during the 2018 Canoe Kayak BC Paddle-A-Thon. Each club hosted a paddle-a-thon event in their community in conjunction with paddlers collecting donations. And through the National Sport Trust Fund, donations over $20 are eligible for a tax receipt.
2018 Participating Clubs:
- Burnaby Canoe & Kayak Club: $1,145.00
- False Creek Sprint Canoe Club: $18,190.00
- Kamloops Canoe and Kayak Club: $13,008.15
In addition to raising money for their clubs, the paddlers also had the opportunity to win prizes. False Creek’s Logan & Senika Velisek, who were the top fundraiser, receive $350 towards a new paddle.
- Logan & Senika Velisek (False Creek): $2,520.00
- Damian and Corben Hickey (Kamloops): $2,425.00
- Quinn Thomson (False Creek): $2,140.00
Thanks to everyone who helped our paddlers reach their goals by donating. Your donation made a difference for our clubs as they improve their equipment and programming.
Contact Sandra at firstname.lastname@example.org if your club is interested in participating in our 2019 Paddle-A-Thon.