The Nanaimo Canoe and Kayak Club (NCKC) is a local, not-for-profit sports organization offering
recreational and competitive paddle sports to individuals of all ages at Long Lake . The Club focuses on
fun, safe sport skill development while teaching physical literacy and promoting sport for all.
We are currently seeking enthusiastic, part time seasonal Junior and Senior Summer Camp Leaders to
assist with instructing our weekly summer day kids camps, while promoting a fun, safe and supportive
environment for campers at our Long Lake location.
Skills and Requirements:
● CanoeKids National Coaching Certification or higher
● Volunteer or work experience in youth sports recreational or day camp settings
● Standard First Aid with CPR Level C
● Competent swimming skills
● Pleasure Craft Operators Certification
● Effective interpersonal, organizational and communication skills
● Ability to work as a team player
● Excellent character, integrity and flexibility
● Previous experience with adaptive programs is an asset
● Recreational and/or Sprint Paddling experience
● Work cooperatively with all of the coaching staff.
● Meet and greet campers and families in a friendly and welcoming manner
● Ensure your campers are supervised at all times
● Oversee the daily operation, safety, security and cleanliness of the canoe club and equipment
● Perform first aid treatment as needed by summer campers and follow up with reports
● Create and deliver a fun and safe program for all club members and campers.
● Assist in the execution of special events and/or fundraisers.
● Respect the club’s policies regarding fair play and equity.
● Support team building and fair play
● Offer the club constructive feedback on administration related to program delivery
● Other duties as required by the Board
● Follow and enforce COVID-19 Guidelines
Salary: $15.50-$19.50 depending on position
Number of Positions: 3 (All subject to Canada Summer Jobs funding approval)
Start Date: June 1st - July 1st
Application Deadline: May 25th
Submit resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Canoe Kayak BC is the Provincial Sport Organization for the paddle sports and actively encourages and provides opportunities to enjoy, participate and excel in them. Members include competitive athletes, developing athletes, enthusiasts, coaches, officials, administrators and supporters of the sport. The association's mission enourages and promotes personal growth and success for our members through participation and performance in paddle sports.