Regional Development Fund
The Regional Development Fund is available to assist CKBC Member Clubs in delivering Regional Programming in specific areas of paddle development. Throughout the five regions of the Province (Fraser Valley, Interior BC, Northern BC, Vancouver Island, and Metro Vancouer) this development fund replaces the Regional Coach Grant fund, and allows for access to funds for all Regions of the Province.
Funds Available to Coaches - $25,000.
Accessibility - All CKBC registered Coaches who have up to date coaching credentials including:
- NCCP Certification (ELCC Certified Required)
- Criminal Record Check
- Club Approval for program.
- Club must be a Member in Good Standing with CKBC.
- Learn to Paddle Programs - In an effort to recruit new paddlers to the sport,recreation activity funds can be accessed for running regional community based programs that promote:
- New paddler clinics (can be a 1-day or multi-session program).
- Multi-discipline camps/clinics (encouraging cross-over or more “try-it” opportunities) Find partnerships with other disciplines or sport groups.
- Traveling Road Show – offering paddling programs in communities surrounding your club.
- CanoeKids Summer Camp regional regattas (multi-club, or single club mini-competitions).
- Other: Club developed programs created by your club may fit into the mandate of this program.
- Indigenous Programs - In partnership with the Indigenous Sport and Physical Activity and Recreation Council (ISPARC) to provide programs for Indigenous people. These programs range from beginner to competitive and training camps for athletes wanting to compete at the BC Summer Games, or North American Indigenous Games (NAIG). Some examples of programs include:
- School Day Camps.
- Multi-Day School Programs within the chosen community (6-8 week program).
- Sprint Development Camps (with Sprint Kayaks and Recreational Canoes).
- Sprint Kayak and Marathon Canoe Regattas
- Fitness Testing and Fitness Training Programs.
- Paddle All Programs - Paddle-All programs are aimed at creating paddling and competition opportunities for individuals with physical and developmental impairments. Opportunities may exist to create lasting partnerships with strategic partners as CKBC has done in the past (i.e. Canucks Autism Network). Some examples of programs include:
- Try-It Events.
- Multi-Day Paddling Program (6 - 8 week programs).
- Performance Programs - Performance programs are geared towards intermediate to advanced paddlers who wish to compete competitively in one of the three paddling disciplines (Sprint, Slalom, Marathon). Funds may be accessed to create programs that are geared towards introducing high performance participation. Some examples of programs include:
- Try-It events.
- Multi-Day Training Programs.
- Weekend Camps.
- BC Cup Series Hosting - The BC Cup Series provides sprint athletes with more developmentally appropriate competitions for U12-U14 athletes. Athletes race in a variety of boats (singles, doubles and fours) and distances (sprint and long distance) in a fun and relaxed environment. The hosting of BC Cup Series events is crucial to the operations of CKBC. Funds may be accessed for regional coaches who assist CKBC in hosting of the event.
Application Date - Application deadlines include:
- March 15th - for programs taking place in May/June.
- May 1st - for programs taking place in July/August.
Fund Allocation - Each program category has been allocated $1000 and each CKBC registered coach can apply to run a maximum of one (1) program in each category.
Adjudication Process - Upon passing of the application deadline all applications received will go through an adjudication process with the following criteria:
- Program engages participants from the Region and/or nearby surrounding area.
- The program is not a regular club activity/program (exception BC Cup Hosting Program Option).
- Fund is not combined with another grant or funding source directed at a program. Fund can be combined with grant(s) such as Canada Summer jobs which are assisting to hire youth to assist with programming.
Regional Development Fund Application Form