Over $27,500 raised in 2017 CKBC Paddle-A-Thon
July 3, 2017
Five CKBC clubs raised $27,630.19 for much needed equipment and programs during the 2017 Canoe Kayak BC Paddle-A-Thon. Each club hosted a paddle-a-thon event in their community in conjunction with paddlers collecting donations.
2017 Participating Clubs:
- Burnaby Canoe and Kayak Club: $2,475
- False Creek Sprint Canoe Club: $15,889.19
- Kamloops Canoe and Kayak Club: $5,772
- Nelson Kayak and Canoe Club: $1,435
- Yukon Flatwater Paddling: $1,689
In addition to raising money for their clubs, the paddlers also had the opportunity to win prizes. False Creek's Tiffany Yau, who was the top fundraiser, receives $350 towards a new paddle. And every paddler who raised at least $150 receives a special CKBC t-shirt commemorating Canada's 150th birthday.
Top fundraisers - individual
- Tiffany Yau (False Creek): $1,800
- Abigail Donaldson (Kamloops): $1,190
- Milo Jackson (False Creek): $1,070
Top fundraisers - group
- Logan and Senika Veliske (False Creek): $1,420
- Avalon and Matilda Lawson (False Creek): $1,300
- Laurence and Diane (False Creek): $700
Thanks to everyone who helped our paddlers reach their goals by donating. Your donation made a difference for our clubs as they improve their equipment and programming.
Contact Sandra at firstname.lastname@example.org if your club is interested in participating in our 2018 Paddle-A-Thon.