CKBC hosting a Risk Management Workshop from October 20-21
September 18, 2018
Join us with members of your club board to work with Dina Bell-Laroche of the Sport Law & Strategy Group for a two-day Risk Management Workshop during our 2018 Fall Conference. The workshop takes place at the Fortius Sport & Health Centre in Burnaby from October 20-21.
ALL clubs are encouraged to attend with at least two board members to take part in the workshop. Topics include identifying risks, becoming aware of risks, existing policies, managing risks, mitigating risks etc. Each club will work through the weekend establishing their own unique document.
- Enhanced risk management knowledge
- Learn to use and apply the risk management process
- Identify high level risks and work through the risk management process to develop your Risk Register
- Develop your risk management policy and tolerance for risk
- Develop a process to bring this back to your organization so that you have a Risk Aware Culture
- Finalize the risk register
Cost: $200/club. Register on-line (please include who will be attending from your club so we can prepare materials and lunch accordingly)
Limited travel assistance will be available to those from outside the Lower Mainland. Further details will be provided once registration is complete.
Lunch is included on Saturday and Sunday for those who are pre-registered. Please include any dietary requests in the comments section of the registration form.
A block of rooms are being held until Sept 18 at Fortius (604-292-2500) for a partner rate of $101 per night if you cite CKBC Training Camp – Oct 2018.
This is a great opportunity for all clubs to identify, understand and be ready for potential risks. Our provincial board will also be taking part to enhance the CKBC Risk Management documents.