Applications for CKBC Scholarships now being accepted
May 3, 2019
Canoe Kayak BC is now accepting applications for their annual scholarships. Two $500 scholarships will be presented at the annual CKBC Awards Banquet on October 19.
To qualify for a Canoe Kayak BC Scholarship, applicants must:
- Have been registered as a competitive athlete with Canoe Kayak BC in 2019.
- Be a resident of the Province of British Columbia.
- Be attending a post-secondary school in Canada (preference will be given to students attending B.C. schools)
- Academic standings may be considered as part of the overall decision.
A completed application consists of the following elements:
- Fully completed application
- University registration verification
- High school/university transcript
- Essay describing your contribution to canoe or kayak and its impact on your life (max 500 words)
- Up to 2 additional pages of supporting documents
The final selection of the recipients will be chosen by a committee of the board and scholarship donors.
Apply for a CKBC scholarship
- Complete the application on-line OR download 2019 Scholarship Application
- Deadline for applications: Wednesday, July 31, 2019
- For applications NOT completed on-line, return by mail: CKBC, Sydney Landing Suite 2003B, 3713 Kensington Ave, Burnaby, BC V5B 0A7 or scan and email to communications @canoekayakbc.ca
Sandra Lewis, Communications, 604-465-5268 x 3, communications @canoekayakbc.ca